Gujarat CM shoots from the hip, says Manish Tewari
The Union Minister took on Narendra Modi over the alleged Rs 1 lakh crore revenue loss caused to the exchequer.
Chandigarh: The Congress on Saturday accused Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi of shooting from the hip and asked him to come clean on alleged loss of revenue of Rs 1 lakh crore caused to the exchequer by "malpractices" of the state government. "In June 2012, Congress MPs represented to the Central Vigilance Commissioner that there has been a revenue loss of Rs 1 lakh crore to the exchequer as a result of various instances of commission and malpractices of Gujarat government.
"The Chief Minister of Gujarat shoots from the hip on every issue," Information and Broadcasting Minister, Manish Tewari said, adding if Modi has the "conviction or gumption", then "let him rebutt the charges" on the revenue loss issue.
On Gujarat riots issue, he said that "in so far as the quest for justice for riot victims is concerned, that is a humanitarian issue. That is an issue which has been pursued very proactively...who are committed to plurality of India. Asked about the black money stashed abroad, Tewari said "I want to ask why we keep talking about such money only in foreign shores and hit it like a political football. We should also talk about black money in our own economy so that it is made transparent."
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'