Gujarat: Cong MLA from Mandvi arrested on charges of rioting
Prabhu Vasava, was arrested by the police on Wednesday on charges of rioting. However, he was later released on bail.
Ahmedabad: A Congress MLA from Mandvi in rural Surat, Prabhu Vasava, was arrested by the police on Wednesday on charges of rioting. However, he was later released on bail.
According to the police, Vasava and one of his accomplices Narpatsinh Mahida were arrested on Wednesday on the basis of a complaint filed by former Congress MLA Kuwarji Halpati in the Mandvi police station.
Prior to the Gujarat Assembly elections held in 2012, Halpati had defected from the Congress and joined the BJP, after which equations between the two changed. "Around 10 days ago, Vasava and Kuwarji had clashed with each other over some issue. Today Vasava was arrested on charges of rioting and his accomplice Mahida was booked under the Atrocity Act," police sub-inspector AJ Jadhav said.
A case under Sections 143 (unlawful assembly), 147 guilty of rioting) and 148 (armed with deadly weapon) of the Indian Penal Code was registered against Vasava, he said.
He was produced in a local magistrate's court and was released on bail, Jadhav said.
- United Nations Should Declare Pakistan a Terror State: Bangladesh Envoy
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- SAARC: After India, Afghanistan, Bhutan, Bangladesh Pull Out of Summit
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- 'Let Loose the Yellow Butterflies', Say FARC Rebels Approving Peace Accord With Colombia
- Lenovo Z2 Plus With Snapdragon 820 Processor Launched At Rs 17,999
- Lenovo Z2 Plus Smartphone to Launch on September 22