Gujarat: Congress workers clash at Ahmedabad office
The AICC on Wednesday night withdrew its second list of 46 candidates for the Gujarat Assembly elections.
Ahmedabad: Disgruntled Congress leaders and supporters on Thursday clashed at Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee premises in Ahmedabad. The Congressmen were angry over ticket distribution and claims Congress leadership had been unfair to them.
Some workers threw chairs around before the matter was brought under control. AICC on Wednesday night withdrew its second list of 46 candidates for the Gujarat Assembly elections. The second list was withdrawn within two hours of its release. No immediate reasons were cited by Congress for the withdrawal of the second list.
The AICC had announced two lists of 52 and 46 candidates separately after a meeting of the party's Central Election Committee chaired by Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday evening.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- Snapshot: Arjun Rampal's daughter Mahikaa is all grown up now!
- Dhanteras Buying Fails to Lift Gold; Falls Rs 110
- Dhanteras: Festival of Wealth
- Heavy traffic jams reported in Delhi on Dhanteras
- Gold prices soar by Rs 840 in biggest single-day gain in 2014