Gujarat: Modi meets Advani ahead of Parliamentarians' meet
Parliamentarians from Gujarat are scheduled to meet on Saturday in Gandhinagar, where they would discuss the issues of state importance.
Ahmedabad: Ahead of the meeting of Parliamentarians from Gujarat on Saturday, Chief Minister Narendra Modi met former deputy prime minister and senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader LK Advani in Ahmedabad on Friday. Parliamentarians from Gujarat are scheduled to meet on Saturday in Gandhinagar, where they would discuss the issues of state importance.
Advani is also in the city to attend the meet as he represents Gandhinagar constituency. Modi paid a courtesy visit to BJP leader Advani on Friday on his arrival here from Delhi, an official communique said.
A consensus on issues pertaining to the state and to be raised in the forthcoming budget session of the Parliament in Delhi is likely to be drawn during the meeting, sources said.
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- Lukewarm Response to Second India-NZ Test at Eden Gardens
- Amit Mishra Toils Hard in Optional Practice Session
- Need to Create Pressure for Longer Spells, Says NZ Coach Mike Hesson