DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Gujarat to vote in two phases on December 13, 17
Chief Election Commissioner VS Sampath said that the counting of the votes in Gujarat would be held on December 20.
New Delhi: The battle for Gujarat has been kicked off as the Election Commission on Wednesday announced that the voting for the Assembly elections in the state will be held in two phases. While the first phase of the voting will be held on December 13, the second will be on December 17.
Addressing a press conference in the national capital on Wednesday, Chief Election Commissioner VS Sampath said that the counting of the votes in Gujarat would be held along with that of Himachal Pradesh on December 20.
With the announcement of the dates for the elections, model code of conduct has come into place in both Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh with immediate effect.
The notification will be issued for the first phase of Gujarat elections on November 17 while that for the second phase will come on November 23. For the first phase, the last day for the filing of nomination is November 24 while the filing needs to be completed by November 30 for phase two.
A candidate can withdraw the nomination by November 28 (phase 1) and December 3 (phase 2). As many as 3.78 crore voters are eligible to vote in the state for the 182 Assembly seats.
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- Priyanka Chopra Meets PM Modi In Berlin
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong