Gujarat to vote in two phases on December 13, 17
Chief Election Commissioner VS Sampath said that the counting of the votes in Gujarat would be held on December 20.
New Delhi: The battle for Gujarat has been kicked off as the Election Commission on Wednesday announced that the voting for the Assembly elections in the state will be held in two phases. While the first phase of the voting will be held on December 13, the second will be on December 17.
Addressing a press conference in the national capital on Wednesday, Chief Election Commissioner VS Sampath said that the counting of the votes in Gujarat would be held along with that of Himachal Pradesh on December 20.
With the announcement of the dates for the elections, model code of conduct has come into place in both Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh with immediate effect.
The notification will be issued for the first phase of Gujarat elections on November 17 while that for the second phase will come on November 23. For the first phase, the last day for the filing of nomination is November 24 while the filing needs to be completed by November 30 for phase two.
A candidate can withdraw the nomination by November 28 (phase 1) and December 3 (phase 2). As many as 3.78 crore voters are eligible to vote in the state for the 182 Assembly seats.
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- Rock On 2 Trailer: Farhan, Shraddha, Arjun All Set to Bring Back Magik
- Want Pakistan to Combat, Delegitimise Terror Entities: US
- CISF DG Briefs Rajnath Singh Over Security of Airports, Ports
- Watch: Inside Story Of Surgical Strikes Across LoC
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan