Gujarat HC slams gun-toting Congress MP Radadiya
Vitthal Radadiya was caught on camera threatening a toll booth attendant in Kajran last month.
New Delhi: The Gujarat High Court on Tuesday slammed Congress MP Vitthal Radadiya for allegedly flashing his gun at a toll-booth attendant last month in Kajran. "This is not the way a Member of Parliament behaves," the court said. An FIR was filed against Radadiya after the incident. Radadiya's lawyer had appealed to the High Court to quash the FIR.
Radadiya was caught on camera threatening a toll booth attendant in Kajran. He brandished his licensed rifle and threatened the toll booth staff after they asked him to pay the toll. The Porbander MP was incensed that the toll booth staff had asked his driver for an original copy of the MP's ID card.
Justifying his behaviour, Radadiya said, "The people there called me a fake MP and were threatening to assault me. I did not aim or fire at anybody. I was alone and cornered, so I just showed them the gun."
With elections just weeks away, the incident could prove to be a major embarrassment for the Congress. State leaders remained silent on the incident. Meanwhile, party high command said that they were investigating the matter.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Dhanteras Buying Fails to Lift Gold; Falls Rs 110
- Dhanteras: Festival of Wealth
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- PM Modi's Sandesh2Soldiers Drive Draws Over 10 Lakh Messages
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans