Gujarat HC slams gun-toting Congress MP Radadiya
Vitthal Radadiya was caught on camera threatening a toll booth attendant in Kajran last month.
New Delhi: The Gujarat High Court on Tuesday slammed Congress MP Vitthal Radadiya for allegedly flashing his gun at a toll-booth attendant last month in Kajran. "This is not the way a Member of Parliament behaves," the court said. An FIR was filed against Radadiya after the incident. Radadiya's lawyer had appealed to the High Court to quash the FIR.
Radadiya was caught on camera threatening a toll booth attendant in Kajran. He brandished his licensed rifle and threatened the toll booth staff after they asked him to pay the toll. The Porbander MP was incensed that the toll booth staff had asked his driver for an original copy of the MP's ID card.
Justifying his behaviour, Radadiya said, "The people there called me a fake MP and were threatening to assault me. I did not aim or fire at anybody. I was alone and cornered, so I just showed them the gun."
With elections just weeks away, the incident could prove to be a major embarrassment for the Congress. State leaders remained silent on the incident. Meanwhile, party high command said that they were investigating the matter.
Recommended For You
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- Amazing videoYouTube Rewind Celebrates Videos, People And Trends That Made 2016 Memorable
- Good Old DaysAishwarya Rai's Recent Photos With Her Dance Guru Will Give You Serious Nostalgia
- Fascinating!The Circle Trailer: Emma Watson, Tom Hanks Starrer is Dark and Compelling
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly