Actress Gul Panag to contest LS polls from Chandigarh on AAP ticket
Gul Panag, who is also an activist said, "I am here to stay in politics,...problems facing this country are corruption and communism."
Chandigarh: Bollywood actress Gul Panag who made her foray into politics by joining the Aam Aadmi Party was on Thursday announced as the party's candidate from Chandigarh for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
After being formally allotted the Chandigarh seat, Gul Panag, who is also an activist said, "I am here to stay in politics, problems facing this country are corruption and communism."
The actress-turned-politician has already started to target the two principal political parties, the BJP and Congress. Talking to CNN-IBN, Gul said that the mainstream parties had failed to deliver in the country. "I have joined AAP as it is a movement and mainstream parties have failed to deliver," she said.
The Chandigarh Lok Sabha seat was earlier offered to Savita Bhatti, widow of comedian Jaspal Bhatti which the former refused to take up later claiming that there were divisions in the state party unit.
Gul Panag who is a native of Chandigarh told reporters at the press conference that she was deeply committed to the cause and will work for her constituency.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- AB de Villiers Breaks Sourav Ganguly's Record
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology