DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Housing scam: HC rejects NCP leader's bail plea
NCP leader and Minister of State for Transport Gulabrao Deokar was arrested in connection with the Jalgaon housing society scam.
New Delhi: The Aurangabad bench of the Bombay High Court on Monday rejected the bail of NCP leader and Minister of State for Transport Gulabrao Deokar. He was arrested in connection with the Jalgaon housing society scam.
NCP Maharshtra chief Madhukar Pichad has said that the party has sought Gulabrao's resignation.
Between 1995 and 2000, Deokar was member of the Jalgaon Municipal Council
The scam pertains to the construction of low-cost houses in Jalgaon.
A tender was floated by the Jalgaon Municipal Council in '97, promising to provide nine plots for the project.
Tender conditions were altered to favour certain builders believed to be fronts for certain corporators.
Of the promised nine plots, five did not belong to the Jalgaon Council and the remaining four were reserved for school, public garden or hospitals.
Shiv Sena MLA Sureshdad Jain has been arrested in this case.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users