Housing scam: HC rejects NCP leader's bail plea
NCP leader and Minister of State for Transport Gulabrao Deokar was arrested in connection with the Jalgaon housing society scam.
New Delhi: The Aurangabad bench of the Bombay High Court on Monday rejected the bail of NCP leader and Minister of State for Transport Gulabrao Deokar. He was arrested in connection with the Jalgaon housing society scam.
NCP Maharshtra chief Madhukar Pichad has said that the party has sought Gulabrao's resignation.
Between 1995 and 2000, Deokar was member of the Jalgaon Municipal Council
The scam pertains to the construction of low-cost houses in Jalgaon.
A tender was floated by the Jalgaon Municipal Council in '97, promising to provide nine plots for the project.
Tender conditions were altered to favour certain builders believed to be fronts for certain corporators.
Of the promised nine plots, five did not belong to the Jalgaon Council and the remaining four were reserved for school, public garden or hospitals.
Shiv Sena MLA Sureshdad Jain has been arrested in this case.
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- CM's Prerogative, Says Congress on Sacking of 4 UP Ministers
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary