Housing scam: HC rejects NCP leader's bail plea
NCP leader and Minister of State for Transport Gulabrao Deokar was arrested in connection with the Jalgaon housing society scam.
New Delhi: The Aurangabad bench of the Bombay High Court on Monday rejected the bail of NCP leader and Minister of State for Transport Gulabrao Deokar. He was arrested in connection with the Jalgaon housing society scam.
NCP Maharshtra chief Madhukar Pichad has said that the party has sought Gulabrao's resignation.
Between 1995 and 2000, Deokar was member of the Jalgaon Municipal Council
The scam pertains to the construction of low-cost houses in Jalgaon.
A tender was floated by the Jalgaon Municipal Council in '97, promising to provide nine plots for the project.
Tender conditions were altered to favour certain builders believed to be fronts for certain corporators.
Of the promised nine plots, five did not belong to the Jalgaon Council and the remaining four were reserved for school, public garden or hospitals.
Shiv Sena MLA Sureshdad Jain has been arrested in this case.
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha