Housing scam: SC relief for NCP leader Deokar
The SC stayed the Bombay HC order cancelling the bail plea of Gulabrao Deokar who has been named in the Jalgaon Housing Society scam.
New Delhi: In a major relief for Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader and Maharashtra Transport Minister Gulabrao Deokar, the Supreme Court on Tuesday stayed the Bombay High Court order cancelling his bail plea in connection with a housing scam.
Deokar had been named in the Jalgaon Housing Society scam.
Following the HC order, the minister filed an appeal in the apex court, which stayed his arrest till August 21.
- Gold prices soar by Rs 840 in biggest single-day gain in 2014
- Gold tumbles on reduced offtake, weak global cues
- Gold snaps 5-day losing streak, gains Rs 300 on global cues
- Gold prices plunge by Rs 1,150; hit 23-month low in Delhi
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma's Love-Hate Relationship On Set
- I Am Botoxed, so Are Most People in the Film Industry: Karan Johar
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Which One To Buy: Apple iPhone 7 Plus or Google Pixel XL