Guwahati molestation case disgusting: Khurshid
Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid on Saturday termed the molestation of a teenaged girl in Guwahati as 'despicable and disgusting'.
New Delhi: Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid on Saturday termed the molestation of a teenaged girl in Guwahati as "despicable and disgusting".
"It was a despicable and disgusting act," Khurshid said on the sidelines of a conference on e-court in New Delhi.
He praised the 17-year-old girl, who "bravely fought off her attackers."
However, he refused to answer a question whether there was a need for making the law regarding molestation stringent.
Police had said that some girls and boys, apparently known to each other, had entered a bar in Guwahati on Monday night, where they subsequently had a brawl and were forced outside by the establishment's security.
When they came out on the streets, local people taking advantage of the situation pushed and pulled one of the girls and attempted to strip and molest her.
The incident led to a public outcry after a video of the assault, recorded by a TV channel, was uploaded on Youtube.
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
- Race to White House is Real, Not Reality TV: Hillary Clinton
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- SAARC Summit Decision on Saturday, Pakistan Remains Defiant
- Pakistan to go Ahead With SAARC Summit Despite Boycott by Members
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again