Guwahati molestation case disgusting: Khurshid
Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid on Saturday termed the molestation of a teenaged girl in Guwahati as 'despicable and disgusting'.
New Delhi: Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid on Saturday termed the molestation of a teenaged girl in Guwahati as "despicable and disgusting".
"It was a despicable and disgusting act," Khurshid said on the sidelines of a conference on e-court in New Delhi.
He praised the 17-year-old girl, who "bravely fought off her attackers."
However, he refused to answer a question whether there was a need for making the law regarding molestation stringent.
Police had said that some girls and boys, apparently known to each other, had entered a bar in Guwahati on Monday night, where they subsequently had a brawl and were forced outside by the establishment's security.
When they came out on the streets, local people taking advantage of the situation pushed and pulled one of the girls and attempted to strip and molest her.
The incident led to a public outcry after a video of the assault, recorded by a TV channel, was uploaded on Youtube.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology