Guwahati: Politician, son held for molesting 2 sisters
The accused, who claimed to be the Shiv Sena chief of Kamrup Metro district, also assaulted the girls' father and brother.
Guwahati: A political leader-cum-businessman was on Saturday arrested by police in the city for harassing and physically assaulting two sisters. Police said Nandlal Kishore Soni, who reportedly claims to be the Shiv Sena chief of Kamrup Metro district, entered a jewellery shop in the Fancy Bazar locality in the afternoon and assaulted the two girls, aged 21 and 19, respectively.
He, along with his son, also assaulted the father and the brother of the girls. As per the FIR filed by the girls and their family, Soni was harassing the two sisters for many months and frequently used to pass comments targeting them. He had also reportedly threatened the sisters not to reveal anything about this.
On Saturday, he went to the jewellery shop owned by the girls' father. When the girls refused his advances, the leader threatened them with dire consequences and assaulted them, the report said.
According to the police, the victims received minor injuries. Soon a crowd gathered at the spot, following which the police arrested Soni while his son, whose name is yet to be revealed, was still at large.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands