DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Guwahati: Politician, son held for molesting 2 sisters
The accused, who claimed to be the Shiv Sena chief of Kamrup Metro district, also assaulted the girls' father and brother.
Guwahati: A political leader-cum-businessman was on Saturday arrested by police in the city for harassing and physically assaulting two sisters. Police said Nandlal Kishore Soni, who reportedly claims to be the Shiv Sena chief of Kamrup Metro district, entered a jewellery shop in the Fancy Bazar locality in the afternoon and assaulted the two girls, aged 21 and 19, respectively.
He, along with his son, also assaulted the father and the brother of the girls. As per the FIR filed by the girls and their family, Soni was harassing the two sisters for many months and frequently used to pass comments targeting them. He had also reportedly threatened the sisters not to reveal anything about this.
On Saturday, he went to the jewellery shop owned by the girls' father. When the girls refused his advances, the leader threatened them with dire consequences and assaulted them, the report said.
According to the police, the victims received minor injuries. Soon a crowd gathered at the spot, following which the police arrested Soni while his son, whose name is yet to be revealed, was still at large.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet