DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Hate speech: Owaisi gets bail in Nizamabad case
The judge also asked him to produce two sureties of Rs 10,000 each towards the bail.
Nizamabad (AP): A local court on Friday granted bail to MIM legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi in connection with a hate speech case registered against him. The First Additional District Magistrate (ADM) court in Nizamabad town allowed the bail plea of Owaisi on the condition that he would cooperate with the investigation officer. The judge also asked him to produce two sureties of Rs 10,000 each towards the bail.
The voice of Owaisi, facing charges of sedition and waging war against the nation for his alleged "hate speech," was earlier recorded on February 12. He is lodged in Adilabad District Jail since January 9 in connection with another hate speech case registered at Nirmal town of Adilabad.
The order on his bail application in this case is likely to be pronounced later on Friday.
Multiple cases have been registered against Owaisi for alleged hate speeches delivered by him in Nizamabad on December 8 and at Nirmal town on December 22 last year.
Akbaruddin, the Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul Muslimeen's (MIM) floor leader in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly, was arrested by Nirmal police from Gandhi Hospital in Hyderabad on January 8.
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong