Hate speech: Owaisi gets bail in Nizamabad case
The judge also asked him to produce two sureties of Rs 10,000 each towards the bail.
Nizamabad (AP): A local court on Friday granted bail to MIM legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi in connection with a hate speech case registered against him. The First Additional District Magistrate (ADM) court in Nizamabad town allowed the bail plea of Owaisi on the condition that he would cooperate with the investigation officer. The judge also asked him to produce two sureties of Rs 10,000 each towards the bail.
The voice of Owaisi, facing charges of sedition and waging war against the nation for his alleged "hate speech," was earlier recorded on February 12. He is lodged in Adilabad District Jail since January 9 in connection with another hate speech case registered at Nirmal town of Adilabad.
The order on his bail application in this case is likely to be pronounced later on Friday.
Multiple cases have been registered against Owaisi for alleged hate speeches delivered by him in Nizamabad on December 8 and at Nirmal town on December 22 last year.
Akbaruddin, the Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul Muslimeen's (MIM) floor leader in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly, was arrested by Nirmal police from Gandhi Hospital in Hyderabad on January 8.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology