Hate speech: Owaisi's custodial interrogation begins
Akbaruddin, was booked for allegedly delivering provocative speeches against a particular community in Dec, 2012.
Hyderabad: The Nizamabad police is interrogating MIM legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi on February 1, facing sedition charges for his alleged "hate speech" in December last year, police said. Akbaruddin, who is in judicial remand and lodged at the Adilabad district jail, was brought to Nizamabad town this morning and was being questioned by Investigating officer at the Armed Reserve headquarters, they said.
A court in Nizamabad had earlier granted the police two-day custody of Akbaruddin (for February 1 and 2) to question him in connection with the December 8 speech delivered by him in Nizamabad town.
Akbaruddin, was suo-motu booked by Nirmal police in Adilabad and Nizamabad II Town police, besides by Osmania University police in Hyderabad and other parts of Andhra Pradesh for allegedly delivering provocative speeches against a particular community at Nizamabad and Nirmal in December, 2012.
Akbaruddin, MIM's floor leader in state Assembly, was arrested by Nirmal police from Gandhi Hospital in Hyderabad on January 8 and is lodged in Adilabad district jail after being sent to judicial remand from January 9.
- Pakistan Target Twenty20 Whitewash Over West Indies
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Petition to Declare Pak a Sponsor of Terrorism Crosses 1 Lakh Signatures
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Hillary Vs Trump: US Dollar Declines Before Presidential Debate
- US Presidential Debate Live: I Have Experience, Says Hillary on Trump's 'Presidential Look' Jibe at Her
- US Presidential Candidates Neck and Neck as They Go Toe-To-Toe
- Debate Night: Clinton, Trump Set For High-Stakes Showdown