Have emotional bond with Amethi's people: Rahul Gandhi
Rahul Gandhi patiently heard the problems faced by the Amethi people and asked them to forget the past and begin work for the 2014 general elections.
Lucknow: Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi on Friday said he shared an emotional bond with the people of his parliamentary constituency as he asked party workers to begin work for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls and propagate the UPA's good work and people-friendly schemes.
In his meetings with party workers at different places in Amethi, he said he shared an emotional bond with the people there.
"I have an emotional bonding with people here and that is why I am drawn to Amethi every now and then," he said. The relationship is family like and not political, he added.
Gandhi patiently heard the problems faced by them and asked them to forget the past and begin work for the 2014 general elections.
Stressing that he wanted to carry forward the work left behind by his father and late prime minister Rajiv Gandhi, he said unemployment would be tackled very soon and hoped that opening of Malvika Steel in Jagdishpur and an ordinance factory in Munshiganj would create jobs.
He also exhorted party workers and people of his parliamentary constituency to make the best use of Rajiv Gandhi Industrial teaching Institute at Teekarmafi, the Indira Gandhi Nursing school in Munshiganj and Rajiv Gandhi Petroleum Institute and also spread word about development initiatives taken by the Congress in the region.
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Despite Bleak Electoral Map, Donald Trump Says, 'We Are Winning'
- Trump Calls Clinton 'Nasty Woman'; Voters Rally Behind her
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- The Camps: Split Wide Open in UP's First Family, Who Stands Where
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav Dumps Shivpal Yadav, Three other ministers