Have 'open mind' on VP poll candidate: Trinamool
Whatever will be discussed will be communicated to the party leadership for taking a final decision, Mukul Roy said.
New Delhi: Key UPA ally Trinamool Congress on Satuday said it has an "open mind" on the issue of Vice Presidential poll nominee, ahead of a meeting of the ruling alliance to decide the issue.
Railways Minister Mukul Roy, who will be representing TMC in the UPA meeting on Sunday, said, "I am going with an open mind...I do not have any agenda."
He denied having any proposal or name to be put forth for the post of Vice President at Saturday's meeting and said whatever will be discussed will be communicated to the party leadership for taking a final decision in this regard. He also made it clear that he was not competent to decide on the issue.
Roy's remarks came in the backdrop of reports that TMC would propose the name of former West Bengal Governor Gopalkrishna Gandhi for VP post.
"No name has been proposed to us nor am I having any name for the post of Vice President. Whatever will be communicated to me or discussed in the meeting, I will communicate to my party leadership. The party will decide on the subject. I am not competent to decide. Accordingly, we will convey," Roy told reporters.
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- Aamir Wanted to Play Max in Josh but I Had SRK in Mind: Mansoor Khan
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- Happy Birthday Prabhas: 6 of His Unforgettable Performances
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh