Jharkhand: JMM leader Hemant Soren stakes claim to form govt
The Congress and the RJD have already announced their support to the formation of a JMM-led government in the state.
Ranchi: JMM Legislature Party leader Hemant Soren on Tuesday staked claim to form government in Jharkhand, where the President's rule ends on July 18. CNN-IBN has learnt that the JMM has managed to win the support of 40 legislators and is in talks for two more independent MLAs.
The Congress and the RJD have already announced their support to the formation of a JMM-led government in the state. According to the JMM sources, five legislators either belonging to regional parties or Independents like Bandhu Tirkey, Chamra Linda, Videsh Singh, Arup Chatterji and Harinarayan Rai have extended their support to the party. In the 82-member assembly, the JMM, Congress and RJD respectively have 18, 13 and five.
Jharkhand Party MLA Enos Ekka said his party has set a 15-point charter and his support to the alliance depends on a written assurance that the demands would be fulfilled by the future government. The President's rule was imposed on January 18 after the JMM pulled out from the BJP-led government on January 8. The House is currently in suspended animation.
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Varun Aaron Can't Wait to Work With Virender Sehwag
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner