High Court seeks report on Salman Khurshid's trust
The Allahabad HC sought a report from the Economic Offences Wing on the alleged embezzlement of funds from a trust run by Salman Khurshid and his wife.
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court on Wednesday sought a report from the Economic Offences Wing (EOW) on the alleged embezzlement of funds from a trust run by External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid and his wife.
The Lucknow bench of the high court asked the EOW to submit its inquiry report on the Dr Zakir Hussain Trust run by the minister and his wife Louise.
Hearing a writ petition by social activist Nutan Thakur, Justice Uma Nath Singh and Justice Satish Chandra ordered the EOW to present before it the probe report by February 1, when the case would be heard again.
The petition was filed by Thakur in 2012 seeking details of the charges levelled by Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal that the Khurshids had embezzled funds meant for physically challenged people.
Complying with the October 18 high court order, TV news channel Aaj Tak had presented relevant documents and a CD before the court. The channel had conducted a sting operation on the alleged embezzlement.
Thakur had petitioned that since a large number of incriminating facts were on record, the home department and EOW should get a case registered against the Khurshids, Thakur's counsel Ashok Pande told IANS.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1