DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Higher compensation to NLC land oustees: Jaya
Jayalalithaa promised uninterrupted power supply and to improve the condition of roads.
Cuddalore: AIADMK would take steps to give higher compensation to thousands of Neyveli Lignite Corporation (NLC) land oustees if voted to power in the April 13 Tamil Nadu polls, AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa said on Tuesday.
Addressing election campaign meetings in Bhuvanagiri and Cuddalore, she said if voted to power the Veeranam tank would be desilted, the Cuddalore port upgraded and modernised and flood banks set up on the sides of Vellar river to avoid villages being submerged in Cuddalore district during floods.
Later campaigning in Nagapattinam, Jayalalithaa said she would "vigorously pursue the crusade to get back Katchatheevu (ceded to Lanka in 1974) from Sri Lanka" if voted to power. She also promised to establish fishing harbours at Poompuhar and Tarangambadi, besides giving a fillip to the heritage tourism activities in Nagapattinam.
The AIADMK chief also promised uninterrupted power supply and to improve the condition of roads.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet
- Is 'Ambedkar Touch' in Kaala Poster a Political Outreach by Rajinikanth?
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users