DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Himachal by-polls: Cong candidate takes unassailable lead in Mandi
Pratibha Singh, wife of Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, has polled 2,78,758 votes as against 1,68,322 votes for Thakur.
Shimla: Congress candidate Pratibha Singh on Sunday established an unassailable lead of about 1,10,436 votes over her nearest BJP rival Jai Ram Thakur as counting of votes started for Mandi Lok Sabha by-election.
Polling was held on June 23. Pratibha Singh, wife of Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, has polled 2,78,758 votes as against 1,68,322 votes for Thakur and was leading by 1,10,436 votes when reports last came.
The poll results are likely to be declared by noon. The by-poll was necessitated after Virbhadra Singh was elected to the Himachal Pradesh Assembly in December 2012.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi