Himachal by-polls: Cong candidate takes unassailable lead in Mandi
Pratibha Singh, wife of Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, has polled 2,78,758 votes as against 1,68,322 votes for Thakur.
Shimla: Congress candidate Pratibha Singh on Sunday established an unassailable lead of about 1,10,436 votes over her nearest BJP rival Jai Ram Thakur as counting of votes started for Mandi Lok Sabha by-election.
Polling was held on June 23. Pratibha Singh, wife of Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, has polled 2,78,758 votes as against 1,68,322 votes for Thakur and was leading by 1,10,436 votes when reports last came.
The poll results are likely to be declared by noon. The by-poll was necessitated after Virbhadra Singh was elected to the Himachal Pradesh Assembly in December 2012.
- Boris Johnson's Anti-Brexit Article Made Public by UK Daily
- Britain's PM Theresa May Heads to India With Eye on Post-Brexit Trade
- Gauhar Khan Joins Badrinath Ki Dulhania Cast
- MPs Would 'Debate and Scrutinise' the Process but not Vote on Plans: PM May on Brexit
- Meet the Man Who is Giving Music to Akhilesh's Campaign as Samajwadi Party Gets Lost in Surround Sound
- BSF Kills 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says an Emotional Shivpal
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti