Hindu seers helped India progress, says Narendra Modi
Modi said that foundation for the country's freedom struggle was laid by the teachings of Hindu seers.
Thiruvananthapuram: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday said that it was the teachings of Hindu seers had kept the country going forward. He was speaking at the silver jubilee celebrations of the Sivagiri Mutt's headquarters of the Sree Narayana Dharma Sangham, established by Sree Narayana Guru, who propagated the concept of 'One Caste, One Religion, One God'.
Modi arrived at the mutt, 45 km from Thiruvananthapuram, on Wednesday evening. His visit had been boycotted by both the Left opposition and the Congress led ruling alliance in Kerala. In his speech, Modi said that even though untouchability has come down considerably because of the teachings of Sree Narayana Guru, "political untouchability" still continues.
"The credit for the development in Gujarat is because of the Kerala people there. I thank the people of Kerala for this," said the chief minister. "Today, the world is facing two evils: global warming and terrorism. Had our country imbibed the teachings and listened to the words of the seers, sanyasi's and Sree Narayana Guru, both these evils could have been avoided," he said.
He added that the guru had said that to fight the British, one has to learn their language. "The foundation for the country's freedom struggle was laid by the teachings of Hindu seers. The culture and tradition of our country remains intact because of the efforts of these people," said Modi.
"I welcome the mutt to set up centres in Gujarat to spread the teachings and messages of Sree Narayana Guru. I welcome all of you to Gujarat as Gujarat is yours," he said.
- Samajwadi Party Rift: Mulayam Backs Amar Singh, Shivpal; Meet Ends in Acrimony
- Mulayam Singh Should Become UP Chief Minister, Urges Shivpal
- Samajwadi Party: From Clear Majority in 2012 to Total Chaos Now
- Akhilesh-Shivpal Supporters Clash Ahead of Crucial SP Meet
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Alternate Dispute Resolution Ecosystem, a National Priority: PM Modi
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about Anurag Khashyap's tweet over ADHM
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast