History museum opened in Kerala Assembly
The museum throws light on the country's freedom struggle and its evolution as a modern democracy over the decades.
Thiruvananthapuram: A history museum, throwing light on the country's freedom struggle and evolution as a modern democracy over the decades, was inaugurated at the Kerala Assembly by state Governor Nikhil Kumar on Monday. Speaking on the occasion, the Governor said the Kerala Assembly had set a model for other states by creating such a museum which would also help the young generation know about the life and work of Mahatma Gandhi.
Referring to the exclusive section dedicated to Gandhi, he said it would serve as a fitting tribute to the Father of the Nation who led the freedom struggle with "non-violence" as his weapon.
On the display at the hi-tech museum are pictures and paper clippings depicting the history of India's evolution as a Constitutional Republic, information regarding the legislative bodies existed before the formation of Kerala sate like Travancore Legislative Assembly and the legislative history of the state after the state formation in 1956.
The museum also has a research centre, library and mini theatre with LCD projectors and touch screen facilities. It's second floor is dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi, displaying pictures,photographs and paper clippings relating to his life and contributions.
Assembly Speaker G Karthikeyan, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and Opposition Leader VS Achuthanandan were among those spoke on the occasion.
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- Triple Talaq a Religious Issue, PM Has No Right to Intervene: AIMPLB's Jilani
- People Celebrated Choti Diwali After Surgical Strikes, says PM Modi
- PM Modi Urges People to Break out of SP-BSP Stranglehold in UP
- PM Modi Bats for Women's Rights, Wants Practice of Triple Talaq to go