Hold Fresh Elections if You Want a Correct Survey, Mayawati Dares Modi
BSP supremo Mayawati on Thursday dared Prime Minister Narendra Modi to hold fresh elections to know the people's view on demonetisation.
BSP leader Mayawati talks to reporters outside Parliament on Thursday. (Photo: Pankaj Tomar)
New Delhi: BSP supremo Mayawati on Thursday dared Prime Minister Narendra Modi to hold fresh elections to know the people's view on demonetisation.
"I want to tell Prime Minister Narendra Modi that if you really are an honest man and want a correct survey and if you have guts, then dissolve Parliament and hold fresh elections," she said over the demonetisation issue.
Her remarks came a day after the PMO said that more than 93 per cent of the five lakh people who participated in a survey on Narendra Modi App have supported demonetisation.
The issue of demonetisation has rocked both the Houses since the commencement of the winter session.
Blaming BJP for the disruption, Mayawati said the entire Opposition is seeking PM's presence in Parliament.
"The ruling party does not want Parliament to function as all the Opposition parties are demanding PM's presence in Parliament," she said outside Parliament.
Recommended For You
- MS Dhoni Gets Angry Quite Often, Reveals Suresh Raina
- Ashes: Smith Beats Tendulkar to Join Illustrious Duo With Gabba Ton
- Miss World 2017 Manushi Chhillar Dances to Deepika Padukone's Tune in New Video
- Julie 2 Movie Review: Raai Laxmi Starrer Is Everything a Film Shouldn't Be
- Twitter Suspends 45 Suspected Propaganda Accounts