Honest Officers Being Removed Systematically: Kejriwal
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal during a dialogue with the SC/STs at Margao, Goa. (PTI)
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday claimed that all "efficient and honest" officers working with the AAP government were being marked and removed systematically and termed it as "dirty politics".
His remark came a day after Lt Governor Najeeb Jung stripped senior officer Tarun Seem of his charge as the Director General of Delhi Health Services.
Seem took over as the DGHS in October last year and was piloting the AAP government's ambitious 'Mohalla Clinic' project.
"This is quite sad. All efficient, honest officers are being marked and removed systematically. Dirty politics (sic)," Kejriwal tweeted.
Sources said Seem was relieved of his "temporary" charge after he had allegedly delayed printing of information and educational material for awareness about malaria, dengue and chikungunya.
However, Seem has denied the allegation, saying his "record has been without a fault". The officer is currently in charge of Delhi State Health Mission.
As per an order issued by Delhi Health Department after the Lt Governor's nod, Beena Khurana, CMO (SAG), will look after the charge of DGHS till a regular incumbent is posted.
Seem, a 1992-batch IRS officer, is said to be close to Health Minister Satyendra Jain who had lauded him for leading the Mohalla Clinic project, a pet scheme of the Kejriwal government which aimed to provide affordable, high quality healthcare to people near their residence.
Kejriwal and his deputy Manish Sisodia had earlier slammed Jung for removing the senior officer as the Delhi Health Secretary.
Recommended For You
- Selfie ChatKahaani 2: Friendship with Sujoy Ghosh? It's Non-existent, Says Vidya Balan
- Premier LeagueAguero, Fernandinho Get Red Cards As Chelsea Thump Man City to Stay Atop
- ArchrivalsIndia, Pakistan in Same Pool of Hockey World League Semi-final 2017
- SnapshotVirat Kohli, Anushka Sharma Attend Yuvraj Singh's Wedding in Goa
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet