Mamata calls meet over West Bengal hooch tragedy
Mamata Banerjee will meet all district SPs, district magistrates and senior excise officials over the tragedy.
New Delhi: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has called a meeting with all district SPs, district magistrates and senior excise officials in the wake of the recent deaths related to the consumption of illegal liquor.
Over 150 people died after consuming illegal liquor in West Bengal last week.
The local people of Sangrampur had said that spurious liquor joints, which they destroyed, ran in full public view and in complete knowledge of the local administration and police.
Mamata Banerjee had also ordered a CID probe into the matter.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly