Mamata calls meet over West Bengal hooch tragedy
Mamata Banerjee will meet all district SPs, district magistrates and senior excise officials over the tragedy.
New Delhi: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has called a meeting with all district SPs, district magistrates and senior excise officials in the wake of the recent deaths related to the consumption of illegal liquor.
Over 150 people died after consuming illegal liquor in West Bengal last week.
The local people of Sangrampur had said that spurious liquor joints, which they destroyed, ran in full public view and in complete knowledge of the local administration and police.
Mamata Banerjee had also ordered a CID probe into the matter.
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: Andhra Turn Tables on J&K; Himachal Force a Draw Against Tripura
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells