Arvind Kejriwal Asks: Did BJP MP Mahesh Sharma Manage Daughter's Wedding in Rs 2.5 Lakhs?
File photo of Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal. (Getty Images)
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Monday attacked the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP Mahesh Sharma following his daughter's marriage and asked did he managed the marriage expenses in Rs 2.5 lakhs post demonetisation.
"BJP MP Mahesh Sharma's daughter wedding. Is he making all the payments in cheque? Is he managing the marriage in Rs 2.5 lakhs? How his notes were exchanged?" Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) national convenor Kejriwal asked.
The AAP has been protesting against the central government's demonetisation of Rs 500 and 1,000 currency notes.
The Opposition has called for Bharat Bandh on Monday in protest against the November 8 announcement.
Serpentine queues have been witnessed outside banks and ATMs, as many anxious people waited for hours to deposit or exchange their spiked currency notes or obtain cash.
Recommended For You
- Ashwin Says March 30 Will be Remembered as 'World Apology Day'
- Films That Prove Nagesh Kukunoor is The Ultimate Storyteller of His Own Genre
- Alia, Anushka, Kangana And Priyanka Have This One Thing In Common
- Samsung Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8+ Launched, Shipping Starts April 21
- Looking For a Solution For Everything Construction Related?