Arvind Kejriwal Asks: Did BJP MP Mahesh Sharma Manage Daughter's Wedding in Rs 2.5 Lakhs?
File photo of Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal. (Getty Images)
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Monday attacked the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP Mahesh Sharma following his daughter's marriage and asked did he managed the marriage expenses in Rs 2.5 lakhs post demonetisation.
"BJP MP Mahesh Sharma's daughter wedding. Is he making all the payments in cheque? Is he managing the marriage in Rs 2.5 lakhs? How his notes were exchanged?" Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) national convenor Kejriwal asked.
The AAP has been protesting against the central government's demonetisation of Rs 500 and 1,000 currency notes.
The Opposition has called for Bharat Bandh on Monday in protest against the November 8 announcement.
Serpentine queues have been witnessed outside banks and ATMs, as many anxious people waited for hours to deposit or exchange their spiked currency notes or obtain cash.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, Nokia 5 Price and Specifications in Pictures
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless