Arvind Kejriwal Asks: Did BJP MP Mahesh Sharma Manage Daughter's Wedding in Rs 2.5 Lakhs?
File photo of Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal. (Getty Images)
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Monday attacked the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP Mahesh Sharma following his daughter's marriage and asked did he managed the marriage expenses in Rs 2.5 lakhs post demonetisation.
"BJP MP Mahesh Sharma's daughter wedding. Is he making all the payments in cheque? Is he managing the marriage in Rs 2.5 lakhs? How his notes were exchanged?" Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) national convenor Kejriwal asked.
The AAP has been protesting against the central government's demonetisation of Rs 500 and 1,000 currency notes.
The Opposition has called for Bharat Bandh on Monday in protest against the November 8 announcement.
Serpentine queues have been witnessed outside banks and ATMs, as many anxious people waited for hours to deposit or exchange their spiked currency notes or obtain cash.
Recommended For You
- Nehra Turns 38: Sachin, Sehwag Lead the Way in Wishing the Pacer
- New Chevrolet Beat to Launch in India on May 25
- Sonam Posts Emotional Message On Her Maternal Grandmother's Demise
- Sachin Tendulkar Android Smartphone to Launch on May 3 Under Rs 15k
- Azlan Shah 2017: Mandeep, Akashdeep Score as India Draw 2-2 Against Great Britain