Arvind Kejriwal Asks: Did BJP MP Mahesh Sharma Manage Daughter's Wedding in Rs 2.5 Lakhs?
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Monday attacked the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP Mahesh Sharma following his daughter's marriage and asked did he managed the marriage expenses in Rs 2.5 lakhs post demonetisation.
File photo of Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal. (Getty Images)
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Monday attacked the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP Mahesh Sharma following his daughter's marriage and asked did he managed the marriage expenses in Rs 2.5 lakhs post demonetisation.
"BJP MP Mahesh Sharma's daughter wedding. Is he making all the payments in cheque? Is he managing the marriage in Rs 2.5 lakhs? How his notes were exchanged?" Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) national convenor Kejriwal asked.
The AAP has been protesting against the central government's demonetisation of Rs 500 and 1,000 currency notes.
The Opposition has called for Bharat Bandh on Monday in protest against the November 8 announcement.
Serpentine queues have been witnessed outside banks and ATMs, as many anxious people waited for hours to deposit or exchange their spiked currency notes or obtain cash.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli's Intent in Tests Is a Sign of Indian Cricket's Evolution
- In Rajkumar Hirani's Films, I Can Spread My Wings and Develop a Character: Boman Irani
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Limited Edition Launched for Rs 5.44 Lakh
- Padmavati Row: Shatrughan Sinha Questions PM Modi, Big B For Silence On The Controversy
- News18.com Announces The Jury Members For Its Annual Tech & Auto Awards