HP: Dhumal criticises cut in special plan assistance
Dhumal said during his tenure, the plan assistance was increased by Rs 400 crore from Rs 1,000 crore to Rs 1,400 crore.
Shimla: Former Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal on Friday criticised the state government for cut in special plan assistance in the annual plan for 2013-14. He said the assistance has been reduced from Rs 1,400 crore in 2012-13 to Rs 1,350 crore during 2013-14 which is a cause of concern as it would retard the pace of development.
Reacting to the reports regarding cut in special plan assistance, Dhumal said during his tenure, the plan assistance was increased by Rs 400 crore from Rs 1,000 crore to Rs 1,400 crore. Dhumal said the plan assistance was Rs 524.75 crore in 2002-03 when BJP demitted office. However, it was reduced to Rs 342 crore when Congress was swept out of power in 2007-08 and these figures make it clear that whenever Congress was in power, Himachal suffered.
When BJP was in power in 2008-09, the special plan assistance was again increased to Rs 450 crore and this rising trend was maintained during the following years and it touched Rs 1,400 crore in 2012, Dhumal added.
Recommended For You
- #TrendingMaisie Williams Topless Pictures Leaked Online; Aren't Explicit Says Rep
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- It's Here!Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer is Everything We Hoped For
- FunnyThis Video Of A Pakistani News Anchor Warning PM Modi Will Crack You Up
- NOT SO WELL DRESSED?Anurag Thakur's No to BCCI CEO's Request for Italian Suits for Indian Team