HP elections: Over 8,000 nonagenarians to cast votes
About 10,000 voters in Himachal Pradesh are above 89 years, including 1,642 90-year-old.
Shimla: 95-year-old Shyam Saran, who was among the first to vote after Independence in the 1951 polls, will be among 8,355 nonagenarian voters to exercise their franchise in tomorrow's Himachal Pradesh polls. About 10,000 voters are above 89 years, including 1,642 90-year-olds, while 1,09,115 voters fall in 18-19 age group and 11,54,162 voters are in the range of 30 to 39 years.
Hikkim polling station in Lahaul and Spiti Assembly Constituency with 344 voters is the highest polling station in the world, situated at a height of 14,567 feet while Udaipur booth of Chamba Assembly Constituency, situated at the minimum height of 288 feet has 592 electors. Sullah Assembly Constituency has highest 89,293 electors in the state and Lahaul and Spiti assembly constituency had the minimum 22,344 electors in the state, Chief Electoral officer Narinder Chauhan said.
He further said that one auxiliary Polling station has been set up in Kasauli Assembly constituency of district Solan, where nine electors will cast their vote. The 'Ka' polling station of Kinnaur Assembly constituency has minimum 18 electors while Kasha Polling Station in Rampur Assembly constituency, located at maximum distance of 24 Km from the road head has 472 electors while the Badgaon Polling Station Jhanduta assembly segment in BIlaspur has maximum 1,378 electors.
Chauhan said that the state has 100 per cent Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) holders and 9,191 Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) would be used for voting including reserve EVMs. The Elections Commission has also allowed the electors to cast their vote by producing any one document out of the 14 identity documents.
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Kaine, Trump, U.S. Lawmakers Raise Concerns Over AT&T-Time Warner Deal
- Hillary Clinton Achieves 12-Point Lead over Trump
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Samajwadi Party Live: Akhilesh Yadav Breaks Down During Speech, Blames Amar Singh For Rift
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- BJP Labels SP as Sinking Ship, Demands Akhilesh to Prove Majority
- In Pics: A Day of High Drama at Samajwadi Party