HP polls: CM Dhumal says he'll welcome people's decision
As trends showed reverses for BJP in Himachal Pradesh, Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal on Thursday appeared prepared even for a defeat.
New Delhi: As trends showed reverses for BJP in Himachal Pradesh, Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal on Thursday appeared prepared even for a defeat. "Whatever people decide is good. It would be good if they support us, and good even if they don't. I will welcome the decision of people," he said when asked to react on the declining trends of his party's seat in the state.
Earlier when the trends showed that the BJP was leading in the state, Dhumal had voiced confidence of a victory in the polls. "I am very confident (for a win)," he had said. While Congress was leading on 29 seats, BJP after initial gains, slowed down to 23 seats in Himachal Pradesh's 68 member legislative assembly.
Asked whether BJP's performance declined due to factionalism in the party, Dhumal said, "I don't comment on issues related to the organisation in the media."
- Focus on Business, Market Leadership: Tata to Top Executives
- Cyrus Mistry Says 'No Basis' to Speculation on Litigation, Tata Hints New Leadership Soon
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- Samajwadi Party is United, No Rift Family: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Mulayam Singh Jealous of Akhilesh Yadav's Popularity: Ram Gopal Yadav
- Everything is Fine in Samajwadi Party, Says Shivpal Singh Yadav