HP polls: CM Dhumal says he'll welcome people's decision
As trends showed reverses for BJP in Himachal Pradesh, Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal on Thursday appeared prepared even for a defeat.
New Delhi: As trends showed reverses for BJP in Himachal Pradesh, Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal on Thursday appeared prepared even for a defeat. "Whatever people decide is good. It would be good if they support us, and good even if they don't. I will welcome the decision of people," he said when asked to react on the declining trends of his party's seat in the state.
Earlier when the trends showed that the BJP was leading in the state, Dhumal had voiced confidence of a victory in the polls. "I am very confident (for a win)," he had said. While Congress was leading on 29 seats, BJP after initial gains, slowed down to 23 seats in Himachal Pradesh's 68 member legislative assembly.
Asked whether BJP's performance declined due to factionalism in the party, Dhumal said, "I don't comment on issues related to the organisation in the media."
- Adnan Sami Responds To Haters After He Was Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 1st ODI, Sharjah
- Hillary Fears Emergence of Nuclear Suicide Bombers from Pakistan
- Sri Lanka Pulls Out of SAARC Summit, Condemns Terrorism in All Forms
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- Cauvery Water Row: Centre Fails to Broker Deal Between Karnataka, TN