DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Hyderabad an integral part of Telangana: KCR
"We want Telangana that existed as on October 31, 1956,", said the TRS chief.
Hyderabad: Asserting that Hyderabad must remain an integral part of Telangana, TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao on Monday demanded that the separate state be created as it existed before the formation of Andhra Pradesh.
"We want Telangana that existed as on October 31, 1956," he told a meeting in Adilabad district where TDP MLA Jogu Ramanna joined TRS.
On November 1, 1956, States Reorganisation Act formed Andhra Pradesh by merging Telugu-speaking areas of Hyderabad State (Telangana) and the already existing Andhra state.
The TRS president condemned the reported remarks of Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy that some anti-social elements have crept into the separate Telagana agitation.
Meanwhile, Telangana supporters continued the 'sakala janula samme' (strike by all sections of people), which began on September 13, resorting to various forms of protest.
The Telangana supporters held rallies, sit-ins and various other forms of protest across the region.
Meanwhile, several parents of students in Hyderabad demanded that educational institutions be exempted from the strike as the prolonged closure of schools and colleges would affect the academic calender of their wards.
Recommended For You
- ICC to Review Champions Trophy Security Following Manchester Attack
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande