Hyderabad blasts: Shiv Sena, BJP slam government
Raut said that the Centre had intelligence inputs about a terror strike and it was shared with the state government and so both should be held responsible for the blasts.
New Delhi: The BJP and Shiv Sena have slammed the government on the Hyderabad twin blasts, calling it a failure of the Centre. Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut blamed the government for serial blasts in Hyderabad on Thursday evening in which at least 16 people have been killed and 117 injured.
Raut said that the Centre had intelligence inputs about a terror strike and it was shared with the state government and so both should be held responsible for the blasts. He alleged that since the Congress was in power at the Centre as well as in Andhra Pradesh so no action is likely to be taken.
Raut called Hyderabad blasts an attack on the country. Terror organisation had threatened to carry out attacks but the government didn't take it seriously, said the Shiv Sena leader. He asked the government to take responsibility for the blasts.
After the blast the state Chief Minister and Home Minister visited the site, announced compensation and then went away, he said. He added that a few days ago MIM legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi had allegedly delivered a hate speech and it should be investigated. Terror group Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed supporters should also be investigated otherwise such terror strikes would continue in India.
BJP Naidu leader Venkaiah Naidu also called the blasts a very serious matter. He said that terror strikes have been happening in Hyderabad but the police are not taking it seriously. The NIA had given the intelligence input two days ago and even taken Hyderabad's name but it not taken seriously, claimed Naidu.
Naidu also said that Lashkar-e-Toiba and Indian Mujahiddin had warned of revenge after the hangings of Ajmal Kasab and Afzal Guru, but the government was not alert, which led to the blasts.
- PCB Refuses to Comment On BCCI President's statement on Indo-Pak Cricket Ties
- Pakistan Postpones SAARC Summit After Five Member Countries Pull Out
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- 1st ODI: Azam, Nawaz Star as Pakistan Thrash West Indies
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Fresh Picture of Lalu's Sons With Scribe-Murder Accused Surfaces
- Maruti Suzuki's 'MS Dhoni Inspired' Alto and Alto K10 Special Edition Unveiled