I saved the UPA government from crisis but Congress put CBI after me: Mulayam
Mulayam also attacked Beni Prasad Verma's endorsement of Rahul Gandhi as the Prime Minister.
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav on Friday claimed that he had saved the UPA government in its bad days and despite that, the Congress had put the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) after him. "Congress used to take support by threatening others. I supported the UPA government in bad times but the Congress has put the CBI after me", Yadav said.
In a fresh attack on union minister Beni Prasad Verma, Yadav said that those talking about making Rahul Gandhi the Prime Minister could not save the deposit of their own son in the assembly polls. "Congress will decide about Rahul Gandhi. By the way, those (Beni Prasad) talking about making him the Prime Minister could not save the deposit of his son in the assembly elections", he said.
Beni's son Rakesh Verma had forfeited his deposit in assembly elections from Daryabad seat in his home district Barabanki. On Beni's allegation about a deal for giving support, Yadav said that those talking about SP's "deal" with Congress were themselves a "traitor". "I am not afraid of anyone and that is why I speak the truth. I have never betrayed anyone. On the other hand, I was betrayed many times. I do what I say and there is no difference between what I say and what I do", he said.
Yadav also alleged that the media was not in his and his party's favour due to which law and order in UP was being made an issue. "Law and order is good in the state but the media is creating unnecessary hue and cry about it. (UP Chief Minister) Akhilesh is doing better than his counterparts in other states", he claimed.
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Samajwadi Party Live: Akhilesh Drops Shivpal From Ministry, Says Party is One
- Akhilesh is Not Forming a New Party: Shivpal Yadav's Son
- Watch: India @9 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Karan Johar Vs MNS: CM Fadnavis Turns Peacemaker
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official