If You Send Our Leaders to Jail, We Will Also Send You to Jail: Mamata to BJP
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday launched a scathing attack on BJP and asked her party leaders, including the ones chargesheeted in the Narada scam, not to be afraid of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
File photo of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday launched a scathing attack on BJP and asked her party leaders, including the ones chargesheeted in the Narada scam, not to be afraid of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). She termed the investigating agency as the 'pet' of the ruling party in the Centre.
"They (CBI) will not be able to prove them guilty. We will fight it legally," she said.
"Where is Subhendu?" Mamata asked during her speech. One of the party leaders told her that he is (Subhendu) not well. However, party insiders claimed that everything is not well within the party's structure.
Without stressing much into Subhendu's absence, she continued her attack on BJP-CBI nexus.
"CBI is a pet of the ruling party at the Centre. The agency is working on the instruction of BJP leaders. They will not be able to scare us. It is the need of the hour for all regional parties to come together for the sake of the nation," she said.
"I would like to tell all my party leaders not to get scared with the vindictive politics of the BJP. Treat the next two years as a challenge. We have to fight against the malicious propaganda and conspiracies of BJP. People of this country will respond to it in the coming elections," she said.
Urging party workers to stop depending too much on her, she said, "I am overburdened with other work. I would like to urge my workers to work hard. Forget sleep and food. It's time to fight back. I want to remain in the party as a karmi (worker). You have to take the party forward."
"It's time to fight like a brave without any fear," she added.
Reacting to Mamata openly defending chargesheeted MPs and MLAs, state BJP president, Dilip Ghosh said, "They are panicked and it is now evident that TMC will not be there in Bengal after two years. Let her defend all the 13 MPs and MLAs. We want to see the end of this episode."
On Subhendu Adhikari's absence from the crucial party meet, he said, "I will not like to make any comment in this matter. This is their internal party matter but yes I heard that few years back he tried to contact a senior BJP leader in Delhi expressing his wish to join BJP."
- Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety: Is The Misogyny Served Worth Your Money?
- Now Showing: Masand's Verdict On Welcome To New York, Sonu Ke Tittu Ki Sweety & Three Billboards
- Udaipur Music Festival: Music, As Explained By The Artistes From Across The Globe
- Maldives Emergency : India Appears to be Losing Ground to China in the Indian Ocean | World In Flux
Recommended For You
- Exclusive - 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 Test Drive Review [Video]
- Why 'Freely Available' Geospatial Data is Crucial For Development [An Insight]
- Raveena Tandon, Gauhar Khan, Other Bollywood Celebrities Slam Papon
- Kareena Looks Stunning in a Black Saree as She Attends Bengaluru International Film Festival; See Pics
- Shilpa Shetty Kundra Ups the Glamour Quotient with an Interesting Take on Fashion; See Pics