Coal blocks allocations: SC issues notices to govt, CBI
A PIL with the court has levelled allegations of arbitrariness in the allocation of 194 blocks and demanded a SIT probe.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday issued a notice to the Centre and the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) after a PIL filed in connection with the coal blocks allocations controversy levelled allegations of unfairness and arbitrariness in the allocation of 194 blocks. The PIL demanded a SIT probe into the alleged scam.
The apex court, however, refused to stay the government's decision by which coal blocks were allocated to companies.
Meanwhile, the Inter Ministerial Group (IMG) on coal is likely to meet on Monday to decide the fate of 14 more mines allotted to public sector firms. It had recommended the de-allocation of eight blocks allotted to PSUs earlier this month.
- Amit Sadh Begins Shooting For Sarkar 3
- Supreme Court Set To Revisit 'Hindutva' Judgment After 20 Years
- Gauhar Khan Joins Badrinath Ki Dulhania Cast
- Farooq Calls Meeting of Opposition to Discuss Kashmir Issue
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Donald Trump Vows to Sue Sexual Misconduct Accusers
- Adult Film Star Jessica Drake Accuses Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Donald Trump Announces 100-Day Presidency Plan