Improve intelligence to thwart blasts: Sharad Pawar
Pune was rocked by four low-intensity blasts on Wednesday in which one person was injured.
Mumbai: Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on Saturday called upon the Maharashtra government to improve its intelligence set-up to prevent a repeat of the serial blasts in Pune earlier in the week.
"This is the second time in two years that blasts have taken place in Pune, this time it is fortunate that there were no casualties. Repeated blasts like this are not good for the state," Pawar told reporters here.
Pune was rocked by four low-intensity blasts on Wednesday in which one person was injured, while a blast in the German Bakery Feb 13, 2010 killed 17 people and injured another 64, including several foreigners.
Criticising the lapses by the state home department - headed by his Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) colleague and Home Minister R.R. Patil - Pawar called for result-oriented decisions.
"The intelligence department must keep its eyes and ears on alert always to prevent such occurrences," he said.
Pawar earlier attended a meeting of his party to review the situation arising out of deficient rainfall in the state.
Expressing concern over the less rains, Pawar assured all support from the central government to the state to combat the looming drought-like situation.
Pawar lauded Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi's efforts which have ensured sufficient water for drinking and irrigation in his state and said similar initiatives must be taken even in Maharashtra.
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Idea Cellular Now Provides 1,865 Ports to Reliance Jio
- India Declares Itself Free from Bird Flu
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Sharma Feel at Home
- Jio MAMI 2016: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Will Be Like a Therapy for Unrequited Love, Says Karan Johar
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about Anurag Khashyap's tweet over ADHM
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan