Indo-Pak bus service a mere political show off: Mirwaiz
Mirwaiz Umar Farooq said the passengers, who travel by the cross LoC from Pakistan-occupied Kashmir to Srinagar, are being denied of basic facilities.
Srinagar: Moderate Hurriyat Conference chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq on Friday said it was highly regrettable that the Srinagar-Muzaffrabad bus service between divided parts of Jammu and Kashmir has been reduced to a mere tool for political propaganda. "Hurriyat had welcomed the bus service believing that it would provide relief to the divided families and people of Kashmir. It has proved to be otherwise and government has just used it for its political show-off," Mirwaiz said addressing a Friday congregation at Jamia Masjid in Srinagar.
He said the passengers, who travel by the cross-Line of Control (LoC) from Pakistan-occupied Kashmir to Srinagar, are being denied of basic facilities. "Even there are no toilets in case need arises. The government has totally remained callous to provide succour and other necessities in the travel to the commuters," he added. Mirwaiz said that even though all these needs have to be fulfilled by the state government, it was highly unfortunate that the Central agencies were interfering in this and as a result common Kashmiris have to face lot of problems.
He said the amalgam has repeatedly suggested that the Kashmiris should be allowed to cross the LoC on state subject document to make the travel easy. "However, the government has created so many legal hurdles for the aspiring commuters that it has only become a cause of worry and unnecessary headache for them," he said.
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump
- Trump Gains on Clinton, Poll Shows 'Rigged' Message Resonates
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable