Interim Building of Andhra Assembly to Hold First Session in March
Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly(Video grab)
Hyderabad: The interim building of the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly at Velagapudi will hold its first session in the first week of March. The Budget Session will be the first Assembly session of Andhra Pradesh in new capital Amaravati after the bifurcation of the state.
The state-of-the-art interim building was constructed in less than a year.
In the past, the Andhra Pradesh Assembly has witnessed several unruly scenes such as legislators storming towards the Speaker’s podium, breaking the mike or throwing paper at the Speaker. To avoid such unparliamentary behaviour, special care has been taken in the newly constructed building. Old mikes have been replaced with ones attached to the table. To ensure no legislator reaches the Speaker, the Speaker's podium has been constructed at height of more than 6 feet.
A media gallery with capacity to seat 150 people has also been constructed. The Opposition, however, has criticised the government for spending huge amounts on temporary structures.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Kohli & Amitabh Bachchan Hail MS Dhoni After SRH Blitz
- Salman, Sonakshi And Prabhu Deva Bring The House Down In Sydney
- Monte Carlo Masters: Rohan Bopanna-Pablo Cuevas Win Title
- Ford Figo S First Drive Review: The Reason Not To Buy The Baleno RS
- Khoon Aali Chithi: The Teaser Of Richa Chadha's Debut Production Is Out