IPL should be closed: Lalu Prasad
The RJD chief alleged that the policemen, who were present when the scuffle broke out, were working at the behest of certain political parties.
New Delhi: With the Indian Premier League hit by controversies, RJD chief Lalu Prasad Yadav on Friday demanded that the tournament should be closed down.
"IPL should be closed," he told reporters outside Parliament House when asked to react on the spat between Shahrukh Khan and Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) officials and other controversies surrounding the game.
On the Shahrukh Khan episode, he alleged that the policemen, who were present when the scuffle broke out between the Bollywood star and MCA officials, were working at the behest of certain political parties.
"All this was done in hatred," Yadav alleged. The Mumbai Cricket Association today banned Kolkata Knight Riders co-owner and Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan from entering the Wankhede Stadium for five years for misbehaving with its officials and violating its rules.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310 Selling for Rs 3,899 Online, Shipping Starts Soon
- 'Uthappa Needed Convincing Before Changing his Batting Stance'
- Vinod Khanna Talks About Politics, Love In This Classic Interview
- IPL 2017: Jadeja Reveals Why Kohli Laughed Hard at His Expense
- Are You the Biggest Baahubali Fan Ever? Here's Your Chance to Prove It