Smriti Irani files defamation suit against Sanjay Nirupam
Nirupam had made derogatory remarks against Irani during a live TV debate even as the country witnessed anti-rape protests.
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party MP Smriti Irani on Tuesday filed a defamation complaint against Congress leader Sanjay Nirupam at a Delhi court. Nirupam had made derogatory remarks against Irani during a live television debate even as the country witnessed protests against the horrific Delhi gangrape incident.
During the debate on ABP News, Nirupam told Irani, "I don't have to listen to you. It's been four days since you have entered politics and you already think you are a great political analyst...till yesterday you were dancing on television and today you have become a politician."
The BJP did not take kindly to the words and said Irani would be filing a case against him.
BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said, "Sanjay Nirupam in a panel discussion with Irani crossed all limits of decency. The BJP deplores this act by the Congress MP. We expect Sonia Gandhi to apologise and take action against Nirupam for his comment on Smriti Irani. If Sonia fails to respond, BJP will protest against her. BJP will boycott Sanjay Nirupam. No BJP spokesperson will be in the same panel on any News channel, if Sanjay Nirupam is there."
- Amazon Great Indian Festive Sale: Top 5 Deals on Smartphones
- Watch: Ajay Devgan Takes Tough Stand On Pakistan Artistes
- Left Govt Trying to Dilute Liquor Policy: Kerala Congress
- Art Is a Very Difficult Business: SS Rajamouli
- Cyclonic Storm Kyant May be Heading Towards Andhra Pradesh
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Kill 24 Maoists
- Andhra Pradesh Deputy CM Suffers Minor Injury After Elevator Cable Snaps