Smriti Irani files defamation suit against Sanjay Nirupam
Nirupam had made derogatory remarks against Irani during a live TV debate even as the country witnessed anti-rape protests.
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party MP Smriti Irani on Tuesday filed a defamation complaint against Congress leader Sanjay Nirupam at a Delhi court. Nirupam had made derogatory remarks against Irani during a live television debate even as the country witnessed protests against the horrific Delhi gangrape incident.
During the debate on ABP News, Nirupam told Irani, "I don't have to listen to you. It's been four days since you have entered politics and you already think you are a great political analyst...till yesterday you were dancing on television and today you have become a politician."
The BJP did not take kindly to the words and said Irani would be filing a case against him.
BJP spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said, "Sanjay Nirupam in a panel discussion with Irani crossed all limits of decency. The BJP deplores this act by the Congress MP. We expect Sonia Gandhi to apologise and take action against Nirupam for his comment on Smriti Irani. If Sonia fails to respond, BJP will protest against her. BJP will boycott Sanjay Nirupam. No BJP spokesperson will be in the same panel on any News channel, if Sanjay Nirupam is there."
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology