Omar Abdullah's Shocker: 'Irresponsible Statement' by Ministers Sparked Nagrota Attack
File Photo: Omar Abdullah
National Conference leader Omar Abdullah on Thursday sparked a controversy by saying "irresponsible statements" by senior Union ministers provoked the terror attack on the Nagrota Army camp.
The ministers in their statements post the surgical strike (September 29) had provoked Pakistan by saying now it will not dare target India, Omar said.
The BJP immediately lashed out at him with party spokesperson GVL Narasimha Rao saying Omar's statement was "completely irresponsible."
BJP's Siddharth Nath Singh called the statement "outlandish", adding that the NC leader was "conveniently" trying to put the blame for the Nagrota attack on Indian leaders, especially the defence minister.
Two officers and five jawans were killed when three terrorists attacked the 16th Corps base camp near Jammu on Tuesday morning.
After the backlash, Omar's aide Tanveer Sadiq said the former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister only meant that the "chest-thumping" of the ministers has not helped India and that Pakistan continued to provoke.
Recommended For You
- CLUB WORLD CUPFIFA Club World Cup: Real Madrid Eye Record 21st International Title in Japan
- Fashion Awards 2016International Model Of The Year: Gigi Hadid's Best Fashion Moments Of 2016
- Fascinating!The Circle Trailer: Emma Watson, Tom Hanks Starrer is Dark and Compelling
- MARCHING ORDERS?MCC Recommends Red Card Suspension in Cricket, Limit To Bat Size
- YouTube RewindTop 10 YouTube Videos of 2016: Kala Chashma is The Most Watched Music Video