Is Narendra Modi nervous about AAP, asks Congress
<p>Congress leader Shakeel Ahmad on Monday took a dig at Narendra Modi and asked BJP's Prime Ministerial candidate whether he was nervous about AAP's emergence.</p>
Congress leader Shakeel Ahmad on Monday took a dig at Narendra Modi and asked BJP's Prime Ministerial candidate whether he was nervous about AAP's emergence.
"Modi's criticism of Congress is understandable, but of late he has started criticising AAP too. Is he really nervous by AAP's emergence?" tweeted Shakeel Ahmad, All India Congress Committee (AICC) general secretary in-charge of the party's affairs in Delhi.
Modi in a rally in Goa on Sunday made a veiled reference to the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) and asked people to decide whether they need a face on TV or a guy with feet on the ground to lead them.
The AAP made a spectacular debut in last year's Delhi assembly elections and went on to form the city government after the BJP declined to do so.
Another Congress leader, Digvijaya Singh criticised Modi for his comment on former forests and environment minister Jayanthi Natarajan.
He tweeted: "Modi's comment on Jayanthi Natarajan is in a very bad taste. Should be condemned. He only knows to abuse but doesn't give his vision."
Modi criticised Jayanthi Natarajan at the same rally and said that no file moved in the environment ministry without "Jayanthi tax".
- United Nations Should Declare Pakistan a Terror State: Bangladesh Envoy
- SAARC: After India, Afghanistan, Bhutan, Bangladesh Pull Out of Summit
- Resolve Differences Through Diplomacy: US to India, Pakistan
- India Pulls Out of Saarc Meet, is Pakistan's Isolation Complete?
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Lenovo Z2 Plus With Snapdragon 820 Processor Launched At Rs 17,999
- Lenovo Z2 Plus Smartphone to Launch on September 22
- Glad Tutak Tutak Tutiya Being Compared With Bhool Bhulaiyaa: Prabhu Deva