Ishrat case: CBI submits pen drives that could spell more trouble for Amit Shah
The CBI submitted two pen drives containing telephonic talk allegedly between an accused police officer and BJP leader Amit Shah.
Ahmedabad: In what could spell more trouble for BJP leader Amit Shah, CBI has, along with the chargesheet in Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case, submitted a pen drive containing telephonic talk allegedly between an accused police officer and the former Gujarat Minister of State for Home.
One of the accused police officers, suspended IPS officer GL Singhal, had given two pen drives to CBI, including one in which he had 'secretly' recorded conversation between him and Shah.
"GL Singhal informed that these files contain telephonic conversation between him and Amit Shah, then MoS (Home), Gujarat state in the month of August and September 2009 relating to misuse of the police for extra legal purposes...," the CBI chargesheet states.
CBI had recorded 'panchnama' (recovery document) of the pen drive before taking it into possession. The agency's statement is the part of the panchnama. The contents of alleged conversation between the two have not been revealed in the chargesheet.
Singhal had been chargesheeted by CBI for murder and conspiracy in the alleged fake encounter of 19-year-old Ishrat and three others on June 15, 2004. He is out on bail now as CBI failed to file the chargesheet in the stipulated 90 days of his arrest.
Shah is chargesheeted in other encounter cases of Sohrabuddin Sheikh and Tulsiram Prajapati and was arrested in the first case in July 2010. He is out on bail now. Seven officers including Singhal have been chargesheeted by the central probe agency in the encounter case of Ishrat, Javed Shaikh alias Pranesh Pillai, Amjad Ali Rana and Zeeshan Johar on the outskirts of the city.
CBI has alleged that the encounter was fake and was carried out jointly by Gujarat police and IB.
In the first chargesheet filed in the case, CBI had not gone into details of the alleged conspiracy behind the encounter but tried to establish that it was fake. However, the agency is likely to file a second chargesheet in the case soon which might contain names of those behind the alleged conspiracy to eliminate the four persons.
- Cyrus Mistry Says 'No Basis' to Speculation on Litigation, Tata Hints New Leadership Soon
- Tata Group Stocks Fall on Mistry's Ouster; Tata Steel Down 3%
- Cyrus Mistry's Exit May Trigger Major Correction in Tata Stocks: Experts
- Shapoorji Pallonji Likely to Contest Cyrus Mistry's Ouster From Tata Sons
- Samajwadi Party is United, No Rift Family: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Mulayam Singh Jealous of Akhilesh Yadav's Popularity: Ram Gopal Yadav
- Everything is Fine in Samajwadi Party, Says Shivpal Singh Yadav
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead