DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Italian marines are 'just plain killers': Swamy
Subramanian Swamy said India must stand firm on the issue concerning the killing of two Indian fishermen.
Chennai: Janata Party President Subramanian Swamy on Thursday said India must stand firm on the issue concerning the killing of two Indian fishermen, allegedly by two Italian marines, describing them as "just plain killers."
"The Prime Minister must continue to stand firm on the issue of the unprovoked and reckless killing. These two sharp shooters are just plain killers and there is no international law or bilateral agreement that provides for the murderers to be sent back to Italy for trial," he said in a statement.
Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti had spoken to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh yesterday on the row over killing of two fishermen allegedly by two Italian marines and agreed the issue should be resolved amicably in accordance with the law.
The two marines have been charged with murder for allegedly gunning down the fishermen on Feb15 from the Italian vessel 'Enrica Lexie' after suspecting them to be pirates.
Recommended For You
- Reason For Aleem Dar's New Look Revealed
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi