Jagan arrest row: Cong misusing CBI, says BJP
the UPA government of using CBI to "selectively" target people like him who are opposing it, the BJP said.
New Delhi: Coming in support of embattled Kadapa MP YS Jaganmohan Reddy, BJP on Sunday accused the UPA government of using CBI to "selectively" target people like him who are opposing it.
"Here is the Union Government using CBI to selectively choose individuals who are opposing Congress and I think it is large ploy by the Congress party to settle scores with those who oppose them," BJP leader Rajiv Pratap Rudy said.
He said this while referring to the cases against eight other cabinet colleagues of Andhra Pradesh Chief minister Kiran Reddy and wondered as to why no such actions have been taken against them.
"There were charges against them as much as Savita Reddy who as the Home Minister has been questioned by the CBI. Even the Supreme Court has issued a notice to all the eight cabinet ministers on the charges of corruption. Why no action is being taken against them and why Jagan Reddy is being selectively targeted?" he asked.
"BJP would certainly like to have the answers from the Prime Minister," Rudy said. Rudy said the "selective" action has come at a time when "the state is burning, the issue of Telangana has aroused the sentiments of the people and there is complete anarchy".
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1