Jagan arrested: 3-day bandh called in East Godavari
The YSR Congress Party leader said that over 20 party workers have been put under house-arrest in East Godavari district by the police.
Rajahmundry: The YSR Congress party on Sunday called for three-day bandh in East Godavari district from Monday, in protest against the arrest of party Chief and Kadapa MP YS Jagan Mohan Reddy.
YSR Congress Party district convenor Bommana Rajakumar said that "the party has called for a three-day bandh in East Godavari Godavari district to protest against arrest of Jagan Mohan Reddy. We are requesting all institutions, commercial establishments to participate in the bandh."
He said that over 20 YSR Congress party workers have been put under house-arrest in the district by the police.
Meanwhile, Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation's Rajahmundry depot has cancelled its bus services in view of the arrest of YSR Congress Party chief Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy.
Over 400-500 buses leave from Rajahmundry depot to various parts of the state every day which stand cancelled, a top official of the APSRTC said.
"As a precautionary measure, we have cancelled all bus services. We will monitor the situation tomorrow before deciding on resumption of the service. We don't want to bear losses in case of damage to buses. Earlier, during Telangana agitation, we had incurred huge losses," he said.
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top 5 Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan
- 'Upbeat West Indies Test side not impacted by bad results'
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary