Jagan arrested: 3-day bandh called in East Godavari
The YSR Congress Party leader said that over 20 party workers have been put under house-arrest in East Godavari district by the police.
Rajahmundry: The YSR Congress party on Sunday called for three-day bandh in East Godavari district from Monday, in protest against the arrest of party Chief and Kadapa MP YS Jagan Mohan Reddy.
YSR Congress Party district convenor Bommana Rajakumar said that "the party has called for a three-day bandh in East Godavari Godavari district to protest against arrest of Jagan Mohan Reddy. We are requesting all institutions, commercial establishments to participate in the bandh."
He said that over 20 YSR Congress party workers have been put under house-arrest in the district by the police.
Meanwhile, Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation's Rajahmundry depot has cancelled its bus services in view of the arrest of YSR Congress Party chief Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy.
Over 400-500 buses leave from Rajahmundry depot to various parts of the state every day which stand cancelled, a top official of the APSRTC said.
"As a precautionary measure, we have cancelled all bus services. We will monitor the situation tomorrow before deciding on resumption of the service. We don't want to bear losses in case of damage to buses. Earlier, during Telangana agitation, we had incurred huge losses," he said.
- Hillary Clinton Fears Emergence of Nuclear Suicide Bombers From Pakistan
- We Have the Right To Defend Ourselves: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
- Pakistan Need To Be Taught A Lesson: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire Again in J&K's Akhnoor District
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- Sharif Chairs Cabinet Meet Day After Indian Strike on Terror Camps Across LoC
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for its Brilliant Execution
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against Terrorist Outfits