Jagan assets case: CBI to question Congress MP
Ramachandra Rao was the chief adviser to Jagan's father, the late CM of AP YSR Reddy.
Hyderabad: Rajya Sabha and Congress MP KVP Ramachandra Rao will be questioned by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Saturday in connection with the Jagan Reddy disproportionate assets case. Ramachandra Rao was the chief adviser to Jagan's father, the late chief minister of Andhra Pradesh YSR Reddy.
A Rajya Sabha member, Rao was considered close to YS Rajasekhara Reddy, former Chief Minister also known as YSR, during whose tenure his son Jagan is alleged to have amassed wealth disproportionate to his known sources of income, CBI sources claimed.
The sources said Jagan allegedly managed to amass the wealth in lieu of favours given by his father to certain companies. Kadapa-MP Jaganmohan Reddy was arrested by the CBI last May along with then state minister Mopidevi Venkatramna, industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and others.
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game