Jagan assets case: CBI to question Congress MP
Ramachandra Rao was the chief adviser to Jagan's father, the late CM of AP YSR Reddy.
Hyderabad: Rajya Sabha and Congress MP KVP Ramachandra Rao will be questioned by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Saturday in connection with the Jagan Reddy disproportionate assets case. Ramachandra Rao was the chief adviser to Jagan's father, the late chief minister of Andhra Pradesh YSR Reddy.
A Rajya Sabha member, Rao was considered close to YS Rajasekhara Reddy, former Chief Minister also known as YSR, during whose tenure his son Jagan is alleged to have amassed wealth disproportionate to his known sources of income, CBI sources claimed.
The sources said Jagan allegedly managed to amass the wealth in lieu of favours given by his father to certain companies. Kadapa-MP Jaganmohan Reddy was arrested by the CBI last May along with then state minister Mopidevi Venkatramna, industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and others.
(With Additional Inputs From PTI)
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- Dear Zindagi Teaser is Out and We Can't Stop Smiling After Watching It
- Dear Zindagi First Look: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt Will Drive Your Midweek Blues Away
- SRK, Alia Bhatt Tease Fans With Dear Zindagi Tweets
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check