DA case: SC rejects Jagan Mohan Reddy's bail plea
Jagan Mohan has been in Chanchalguda prison in Hyderabad ever since his arrest nearly four months ago by the CBI in connection with the case.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court rejected YSR Congress chief Jagan Mohan Reddy's bail plea on Friday. Jagan Mohan has been in Chanchalguda prison in Hyderabad ever since his arrest nearly four months ago in connection with the disproportionate assets case.
The CBI has said that it will take three more months to complete the investigation against him. There are nine cases against Jagan.
YSR Congress honorary president YS Vijayalakshmi had recently said that she was sure her son would be granted bail. Speaking to reporters at a meeting last month, the leader had said that her son had been in jail for the last 111 days.
"If anyone is in jail for more than 90 days, one should be given bail," she had said and pointed out that so far no charges could be proved against her son. She said there was no need for her or for YSRC to strike any compromise with the Congress for securing bail to her son.
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Shrama Feel at Home
- Jio MAMI 2016: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Will Be Like a Therapy for Unrequited Love, Says Karan Johar
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about Anurag Khashyap's tweet over ADHM
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan