DA case: SC rejects Jagan Mohan Reddy's bail plea
Jagan Mohan has been in Chanchalguda prison in Hyderabad ever since his arrest nearly four months ago by the CBI in connection with the case.
New Delhi: The Supreme Court rejected YSR Congress chief Jagan Mohan Reddy's bail plea on Friday. Jagan Mohan has been in Chanchalguda prison in Hyderabad ever since his arrest nearly four months ago in connection with the disproportionate assets case.
The CBI has said that it will take three more months to complete the investigation against him. There are nine cases against Jagan.
YSR Congress honorary president YS Vijayalakshmi had recently said that she was sure her son would be granted bail. Speaking to reporters at a meeting last month, the leader had said that her son had been in jail for the last 111 days.
"If anyone is in jail for more than 90 days, one should be given bail," she had said and pointed out that so far no charges could be proved against her son. She said there was no need for her or for YSRC to strike any compromise with the Congress for securing bail to her son.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology