DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
TN: Jaya writes to PM seeking cancellation of defence pact with Lanka
In her letter, Jayalalithaa asked for the cancellation of an agreement on the proposed sale of naval warships to Sri Lanka.
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minster Jayalalithaa has written a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh seeking cancellation of defence pact with Sri Lanka. In her letter, Jayalalithaa asked for the cancellation of an agreement on the proposed sale of naval warships to Sri Lanka.
"These ships could be potentially deployed against Indian fishermen in the palk bay and gulf of mannar," she said.
"Any move to supply military hardware to Sri Lanka would be the most telling statement on the insensitivity of the Government of India to the strong sentiment in Tamil Nadu", she added.
Recommended For You
- Not Just T20, Want to Do Well in Other Formats As Well, Says Krunal
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Priyanka, Ranveer Extend Their Love to Sachin Tendulkar For His Biopic
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings