TN: Jaya writes to PM seeking cancellation of defence pact with Lanka
In her letter, Jayalalithaa asked for the cancellation of an agreement on the proposed sale of naval warships to Sri Lanka.
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minster Jayalalithaa has written a letter to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh seeking cancellation of defence pact with Sri Lanka. In her letter, Jayalalithaa asked for the cancellation of an agreement on the proposed sale of naval warships to Sri Lanka.
"These ships could be potentially deployed against Indian fishermen in the palk bay and gulf of mannar," she said.
"Any move to supply military hardware to Sri Lanka would be the most telling statement on the insensitivity of the Government of India to the strong sentiment in Tamil Nadu", she added.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology