Jaya elected AIADMK Legislature Party Leader
Jayalalithaa was elected by 146 newly elected MLAs of the party in Chennai.
Chennai: Former chief minister Jayalalithaa was on Sunday elected leader of the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) Legislature Party.
She was elected by 146 newly elected MLAs of the party at a meeting held at the AIADMK headquarters in Chennai on Sunday morning, party sources said.
Jayalalithaa, who led her party to a landslide victory in the Tamil Nadu Assembly elections on Friday, is slated to meet Governor SS Barnala to formally stake her claim to form government.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion