CBI raid at Marans house a 'conspiracy': Karuna
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa termed the CBI raid as an 'eyewash'.
New Delhi: A day after CBI raided the Maran brothers in the 2G case, DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Tuesday pledged full support to the duo, calling CBI raids on them a 'conspiracy'.
"News reports about me not supporting Dayanidhi and Kalanidhi Maran are wrong and disturbing, the DMK patriarch in a statement issued on Tuesday.
"I have already said it's a conspiracy against DMK. Murosoli Maran has given them both to me and we will face anything which bothers them legally. I'll support them. The same way I want Kani to come out," he said.
Meanwhile, his rival and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa termed the CBI raid as an 'eyewash' and meant to fool people.
She said it's unlikely that Marans will have any incriminating documents as it's been already four years since the scam came to light.
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: Andhra Turn Tables on J&K; Himachal Force a Draw Against Tripura
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day