CBI raid at Marans house a 'conspiracy': Karuna
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa termed the CBI raid as an 'eyewash'.
New Delhi: A day after CBI raided the Maran brothers in the 2G case, DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Tuesday pledged full support to the duo, calling CBI raids on them a 'conspiracy'.
"News reports about me not supporting Dayanidhi and Kalanidhi Maran are wrong and disturbing, the DMK patriarch in a statement issued on Tuesday.
"I have already said it's a conspiracy against DMK. Murosoli Maran has given them both to me and we will face anything which bothers them legally. I'll support them. The same way I want Kani to come out," he said.
Meanwhile, his rival and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa termed the CBI raid as an 'eyewash' and meant to fool people.
She said it's unlikely that Marans will have any incriminating documents as it's been already four years since the scam came to light.
Recommended For You
- Football Legend Pele's Son to Serve Drug-related Prison Sentence
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology