Jaya produces proof on Gandhi's intent to dissolve Cong
Jayalalithaa read out excerpts from 'The Collected Works of Mahatma Gandhi - Volume 90', whereby he said that Congress had outlived its use.
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Tuesday presented documentary evidence to Congress members in the state Assembly to validate her minister's argument that Mahatma Gandhi wanted to dissolve the century-old political party after Independence. Responding to a demand by some Congress members, who had sought proof that Mahatma Gandhi had advocated dissolving of
Congress after Independence, Jayalalithaa stunned them by reading out excerpts from 'The Collected Works of Mahatma Gandhi - Volume 90.'
"Though split into two, India having attained political independence through means devised by the Indian National Congress, the Congress in its present shape and form, i.e., as a propaganda vehicle and parliamentary machine had outlived its use," the CM read out, embarrassing the Congress members.
During a discussion on Monday, Municipal Administration and Rural Development Minister KP Munusamy had said Gandhi wanted to dissolve Congress after independence, a contention refuted by Congress members S Vijayadharani and Prince.
They claimed Gandhi had never said anything on those lines and demanded proof from the minister, who said it is history and there is no need to produce any proof. However, Jayalalithaa came up with proof to vindicate her minister's stand.
- I Will Release My Tax Returns When Clinton Releases Deleted Emails, Says Trump
- The First Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump Presidential Debate
- US Presidential Debate: Bollywood Stars Share Their Opinions on Twitter
- US Presidential Debate: Clinton and Trump Spar on Economy and Jobs
- Lenovo Sacks "Hundreds" of Employees at Motorola: Report
- Top 5: 4G Smartphones Under Rs 10,000; Is Xiaomi Still The King?
- Apple iPhone 7 Users: Please DO NOT Drill a 3.5mm Hole on it to Make Your Own Earphone Jack
- Big B Has a Different Level of Passion Towards His Work: Anees Bazmee